Thursday, August 5, 2010

the smocks.....



What is so seductive about these sweet little patterns? I could barely contain my excitement when a package arrived from Paris.

Suddenly they are flooding blog space. I first saw them on itty bitty's blog and also here. I have had a few issues with the French translation and thought the diagrams would be enough. The lack of finishing instructions has been a bit of a challenge.

So you will have to wait a little longer for the real thing to appear! Not far off....

This is Albertine. I ran up an adult version for myself yesterday and the children just shook their head. One daughter told me it looked like something the Vicar of Dibley would wear. So back to a few alterations and resizing ( I have discovered that they are a bit notorious for being larger than stated on the pattern)

For more beautiful and totally French images go to Citronille.



No comments:

Post a Comment